- This event has passed.
Training: Researchers and The Public Working Together for Better Clinical Trials
September 20, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm UTC+10
This is an introductory workshop designed for clinical research professionals and members of the public interested in gaining the background and confidence to work together on clinical trials.
The aim of the course will be to equip participants with:
1. a common understanding of research, clinical trials and the potential for public involvement, and;
2. increased confidence to engage with each other to improve the relevance, conduct, recruitment and reporting of clinical trials.
Topics covered will include:
- Understanding the types of research and research process
- Understanding the value of public involvement in research
- Understanding clinical trials, their context, processes and opportunities for public involvement
- Considerations for, and learning how, researchers and the public can work together
- Support for getting started